Join professional naturalists as you explore some of Earth’s astonishing treasures in the beautiful Milwaukee County Park system. We provide natural history and environmental education programs using fun-filled, hands-on, science-based activities. All programs are offered year-round unless otherwise specified. We also offer outreach programs and can bring some programming to your facility. We can also work with your group to coordinate with your special theme. Any of these programs can be booked by any type of Youth Group?
You may bring your group to Wehr without booking a program – however; because Wehr is a nature preserve – you MUST complete a training and sign an agreement before doing so. There is also a parking fee in effect per car parked. See Guidelines for Groups.
- Last 1 hour (at your site) 1½ – 2 hours (at park)
- Start between 3 and 4:30 PM Mon-Thurs
- Start on Saturday mornings at 9:30 AM
- Are held at Wehr Nature Center, Ross Lodge, Falk Park, Grant Park, or Scout Lake Park
- Some programs are not designed to complete a badge or an achievement. Parts of these programs may satisfy some requirements
- Parking fee of $3.50 per vehicle is in effect for self-guided hikes
- 30 children max per session (some exceptions apply)
- Pre-registration is required to bring your group to Wehr Nature Center. Inquire on the program request form about self-guided programming.
Questions about our offerings? Please fill out a program request form and our knowledgeable staff will be in touch with you within 5 business days via your preferred method of contact.
- $8.00 youth (does not include patch)
- 2 free adults for 1-10 paid youth*
- 3 free adults for 11-15 paid youth*
- 4 free adults for 16-20 paid youth*
- $8.00/adult over free adults*
- $80.00 minimum program fee
- $80.00 non-refundable registration deposit
- Maximum of 30 youth per program
- Pay by credit card or check payable to Milwaukee County Treasurer
- Payment balance due 2 weeks before the date of the program
Youth programs are designed for a specific age group. While we greatly appreciate the support of these programs by additional family members, they are not permitted in the program. Additional chaperones beyond the above ratio will be charged at the youth rate.