Wehr Nature Center’s Apple Festival
Cider Sunday Fundraiser—“An Apple A Day”
Sunday, October 1, 11:30 am-4:30 pm
Celebrate fall during this family-friendly event for all ages. This year’s theme is “An Apple a Day” with a focus on the nutritional benefits of apples as well as the physical and mental health benefits of getting outside in nature. This year, expect to:
- Listen to the sounds of live music from The Sweet Sheiks and The Bluegrass Allstars
- Amble the trails among the autumn colors, enjoy a new apple-themed Story Stroll and sensory scavenger hunt
- Learn about who loves apples just as much as we do through an interactive presentation with live animals by David Stokes
- Enjoy tasty apple treats, handmade apple cider, and homemade cider beer provided by the Milwaukee Beer Barons
- Engage in pumpkin bowling, children’s crafts, activities, and more!
- Buy raffle tickets for a chance to win one of the incredibly popular raffle baskets!
Cider Sunday is the Friends of Wehr Nature Center's largest fundraiser and supports the center's vision to be a regional leader in providing access to nature for all. Proceeds benefit the educational programming and land management that help make Wehr Nature Center a natural gem in southeastern Wisconsin.
Get free Cider Sunday admission by becoming a Friends of Wehr member
Starting September 1st, become a 2024 Friends of Wehr member and start receiving membership benefits now! In addition to free Cider Sunday admission, membership benefits include: free parking, discounts on events/programs, priority registration for Halloween Haunts, 10% discount on Nature Store purchases, and more! To get started, visit: friendsofwehr.org/membership
If you are joining the Friends of Wehr in order to receive free admission, please complete the membership transaction first prior to registering for your free membership tickets for Cider Sunday.
FOW Members do not have to pre-register but must stop by the registration table at the event to get a wristband for entry.
Admission is $7 per person (includes parking); under 2 are free; may purchase admission ahead of time or at the door