There is something for everyone!
Complete an Application
We look forward to meeting you!
Already a Volunteer?
Thanks for recording your hours!
Why do people volunteer at Wehr?
To make a difference in the community
Because they are passionate about the natural world in which they live
To grow their sense of purpose
To connect with others and make new friends
To keep mentally and physically healthy
To make Wehr a better place!
What volunteers can do at Wehr:
- Help with annual special events like Cider Sunday and Maple Sugar Days
- Be a nature teacher working with school field trips and in-school programs
- Keep Wehr’s trails well maintained
- Remove invasive species
- Prepare program materials
- Help with office work
- Get involved with the Friends of Wehr
- Work on a special service project created to match your requirements and the Nature Center needs
- Much more! Opportunities range from annual events to ongoing tasks that happen weekly or monthly.
- Check out the Volunteer Opportunity Directory for listings of volunteer roles with descriptions.
Who can volunteer?
- Individuals – Ages 7 to 100+ (youth ages 7-15 must be accompanied by an adult)
- Families – Families with children ages 7 and up can volunteer as a group
- Groups – Corporate groups, service learning groups, youth groups
How do I become a volunteer?
It’s easy! The first step to becoming a volunteer (individual or group leader) is to complete the online application. Once we have received your application, the Volunteer Coordinator will contact you to set up a time to meet to do an interview/orientation and conduct a criminal background check.