In light of the changing public health situation, we are instituting the following policies to keep everyone safe:
- All event activities will be held outdoors. Everyone is strongly encouraged to wear a mask outdoors when social distancing is not possible.
- To maintain space for social distancing, we will be limiting attendance and reserving time slots for Bug Day and Halloween Haunts. Advance tickets will be available to purchase below.
- All visitors over the age of 3 are required to wear a mask while inside the visitor center.
Bug Day Returns!
Sunday, September 19, 2021 (1-4pm)
Bugs Rule! Join us as we celebrate the little creatures that run our world at Wehr’s 16th Annual Bug Day!
$5 per person; 2 yrs & under FREE; parking $4
- Live Insect Zoo featuring beetles, roaches, and critters from around the world (petting permitted)
- Bug Discovery Walks – dip, dig and swoop for insects
- Meet a real Entomologist and get that buggy question answered
- Meet 'Robert the Beekeeper' and his live bee's up close and personal
- Learn how to turn your backyard into a pollinator oasis
- Discover the world of aquatic arthropods through a microscope
Halloween Haunts 2021
Thursday, Friday, Saturday, October 14, 15, 16, 2021 (6-8:30pm)
Tickets for Wehr’s 33rd Annual Halloween Haunts, scheduled for October 14, 15, & 16, from 6 to 8:30 pm, go on sale in September. Halloween Haunts educates families about misunderstood nature in a kooky, slightly spooky way. Families follow a path lined with hundreds of amazing Jack-o-lanterns into the Enchanted Forest and learn about misunderstood nature from friendly costumed characters such as owls, frogs, and skunks. The walk is just spooky enough to keep young ones on their toes but is not designed to be scary or gory. Young guests will go home with a treat bag of Halloween goodies to enjoy.
Are you a member of the Friends of Wehr?
FOW members at the family level or higher can purchase tickets BEFORE they go on sale to the public. FOW sales start at 9 am on Monday, September 13th. Advanced Tickets go on sale to the public on Monday, September 20 online at 9 am. FOW Members: watch your email for a pre-sale ticket invitation on Sunday evening (9/12)
Cost: $10 per person
Important Halloween Haunts Information
- Group size will be up to 14 people and can include multiple parties. If you would prefer to not be mixed with other families, you can purchase a 14-ticket block and bring along friends from your “COVID-19 bubble”
- This event is designed for adults and children four and older
- Advanced ticket purchases only. No tickets will be sold at the door
- Hikes leave the building every 7 minutes between 6 to 8:30 pm
- Tickets are non-refundable, non-exchangeable, and the program runs rain or shine
General Event Information
- This event is best suited for families with children ages 4-10 years. You may be asked to leave the walk if your child’s behavior is disruptive and/or unsafe during the hike.
- Adults and children of all ages need a ticket to enter the event. Babies/children in carriers/backpacks are free.
- There should be at least one adult for every five children in your group.
- The walk will last approximately 35 minutes and will follow woodchip and boardwalk trails. Some parts of the path are uneven and require stair climbing.
Winter 2021 - coming soon
Homemade Holidays 2020
Deadline to order your crafts – November 15
Pickup craft orders December 4, 5, and 7. Registration coming soon!
Did you know that crafting helps reduce stress? Concentrating on the task at hand focuses the mind and reduces negative thoughts. Sadly, some of our favorite things have not happened this year due to the pandemic – we won’t let it stop Homemade Holidays! Crafts come ready to assemble and designed for your age group – we have gathered the recycled materials for you! These projects help children develop fine motor skills, self-esteem, focus and creativity by reusing and repurposing objects all while saving more “stuff” from going to the landfill! Depending on your choices, all you may need is a hammer, school glue or a glue stick to complete the project.
Recommended for children aged 5 and older. $5 donation per craft. Pick up dates: Dec 4, 9-4:30pm; Dec 5, 11 – 2pm; Dec 7, 3 -6pm