Reptile Day Returns!
Sunday, June 12, 2022 (1-4pm)
$5 per person; 2 yrs & under FREE; parking $4
Discover the world of reptiles and amphibians! Meet colorful snakes, wondrous turtles, and strange lizards and salamanders. See dozens of species on display and enjoy a guided hike to look for turtles and listen for frogs. Learn all the ways to live harmoniously with our misunderstood and scaly wild neighbors. Kids will enjoy reptile-themed crafts. Join us for all the scaly fun.
Bug Day Returns!
Sunday, September 19, 2021 (1-4pm)
Bugs Rule! Join us as we celebrate the little creatures that run our world at Wehr’s 16th Annual Bug Day!
$5 per person; 2 yrs & under FREE; parking $4
- Live Insect Zoo featuring beetles, roaches, and critters from around the world (petting permitted)
- Bug Discovery Walks – dip, dig and swoop for insects
- Meet a real Entomologist and get that buggy question answered
- Meet 'Robert the Beekeeper' and his live bee's up close and personal
- Learn how to turn your backyard into a pollinator oasis
- Discover the world of aquatic arthropods through a microscope
Halloween Haunts 2021
Thursday, Friday, Saturday, October 14, 15, 16, 2021 (6-8:30pm)
Tickets for Wehr’s 33rd Annual Halloween Haunts, scheduled for October 14, 15, & 16, from 6 to 8:30 pm, go on sale in September. Halloween Haunts educates families about misunderstood nature in a kooky, slightly spooky way. Families follow a path lined with hundreds of amazing Jack-o-lanterns into the Enchanted Forest and learn about misunderstood nature from friendly costumed characters such as owls, frogs, and skunks. The walk is just spooky enough to keep young ones on their toes but is not designed to be scary or gory. Young guests will go home with a treat bag of Halloween goodies to enjoy.
Are you a member of the Friends of Wehr?
FOW members at the family level or higher can purchase tickets BEFORE they go on sale to the public. FOW sales start at 9 am on Monday, September 13th. Advanced Tickets go on sale to the public on Monday, September 20 online at 9 am. FOW Members: watch your email for a pre-sale ticket invitation on Sunday evening (9/12)
Cost: $10 per person
Important Halloween Haunts Information
- Group size will be up to 14 people and can include multiple parties. If you would prefer to not be mixed with other families, you can purchase a 14-ticket block and bring along friends from your “COVID-19 bubble”
- This event is designed for adults and children four and older
- Advanced ticket purchases only. No tickets will be sold at the door
- Hikes leave the building every 7 minutes between 6 to 8:30 pm
- Tickets are non-refundable, non-exchangeable, and the program runs rain or shine
General Event Information
- This event is best suited for families with children ages 4-10 years. You may be asked to leave the walk if your child’s behavior is disruptive and/or unsafe during the hike.
- Adults and children of all ages need a ticket to enter the event. Babies/children in carriers/backpacks are free.
- There should be at least one adult for every five children in your group.
- The walk will last approximately 35 minutes and will follow woodchip and boardwalk trails. Some parts of the path are uneven and require stair climbing.
Homemade Holidays Open House 2021
Dec 04, 2021 (11:00 am - 3:00 pm)
Why search the internet for a present when your children can create a handmade gift for the special people in their lives? Bring your kids, grandkids, nieces and nephews, the neighborhood gang or scout group to Wehr to create homemade treasures from natural and reusable objects. Children can make and take three different projects for the admission fee.
Cost $6 per child; $5 for Friends of Wehr; $1 for additional crafts
Pre-registration is required for groups by Friday, December 3, 2021. Call 414-425-8550 to register.
Maple Sugar Days
Saturday & Sunday, March 19 & 20, 12-4 pm
Celebrate the spring thaw and our Wisconsin heritage at Wehr’s annual Maple Sugar Days. The program includes a short walk to the sugarbush, a visit to an old-time sugarin’ camp, a boil down demonstration and stories about the Native American origins of maple sugarin’. Everyone will receive a warm pancake with real Wisconsin maple syrup to enjoy. Other maple treats, along with DIY tapping equipment will be on-sale in the Friends of Wehr Nature Store.
Pre-purchased tickets are required and are available online starting January 24 at 9 am.
Fee: $10 per person, Free for children ages 2 and under
$4 per car parking fee for non members
Important Maple Sugar Weekend Information:
- Youth groups may register for any specific time during the 12-4 pm event and should bring at least one adult for every five children.
- Hikes begin at noon and continue every 15 minutes until 4 pm and hold up to 15 people.
- Tickets are non-refundable, non-exchangeable, and the program runs rain or shine.